Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New
I joined last week and I am not very good at posting on forums.  Just to give a little back ground.  I am a retired Architect.  I am still really busy.  I am a Master Gardener in Jacksonville, FL and I have a big Aquaponic and regular garden.  I have a website which really needs work where we have 12 books we wrote on building an Aquaponic system for sale.  I also am an avid Painter with a Plein Aire Group where I paint in Watercolor. and Acrylic. I have 2 sons who mine.  They some how felt I just wasn't busy enough so.  They convinced me to take the plunge August of 2017.  I mined with Slushpool until late July.  I didn't like that they never once answered any of my questions also when I started there where 26,000 miners in the pool and now they have 250,000.  Talk about feeling like a number.  I mentioned this to my boys and the youngest one who is 44 and has been mining since 2014 helped my look through the boards and we found Kano Pool.  So far I really like that they have a Chat room where everyone is very helpful with any questions I have.  My boy live far from me so they are not around to help me all the time with my mining.
(09-09-2018, 02:07 PM)TaLp34 Wrote: I joined last week and I am not very good at posting on forums.  Just to give a little back ground.  I am a retired Architect.  I am still really busy.  I am a Master Gardener in Jacksonville, FL and I have a big Aquaponic and regular garden.  I have a website which really needs work where we have 12 books we wrote on building an Aquaponic system for sale.  I also am an avid Painter with a Plein Aire Group where I paint in Watercolor. and Acrylic. I have 2 sons who mine.  They some how felt I just wasn't busy enough so.  They convinced me to take the plunge August of 2017.  I mined with Slushpool until late July.  I didn't like that they never once answered any of my questions also when I started there where 26,000 miners in the pool and now they have 250,000.  Talk about feeling like a number.  I mentioned this to my boys and the youngest one who is 44 and has been mining since 2014 helped my look through the boards and we found Kano Pool.  So far I really like that they have a Chat room where everyone is very helpful with any questions I have.  My boy live far from me so they are not around to help me all the time with my mining.

Great to have you connected in TaLp34!!!  It sounds like you have a very full life and are very creative!  I give you kudos for retiring!  I am close and it worries me to not be busy all the time.  Based on what you describe, it sounds like you are pretty busy though!  I too started at Slush about the same time, and within 2 months I found and switched to Kano.  I like that there is the ability to do really well some months even though the slower months are not as fun.  All the cool display things that slush had plus the differences between all the sites is a big part of why I created minergain.  I should probably be spending more time on it, but I have so many paying jobs that make it hard to keep up with it.  Oh well, a little bit here and there does make a difference over time right!  Anyway, welcome and thanks for your very well done post!
Mike is the president of StrandVision Digital Signage.  He started BitCoin mining in 2017 and soon invested in other crypto-currencies.  Seeing the need, this site was created as a crypto knowledge repository and miner performance tracker.
(09-10-2018, 12:07 PM)mjstrand Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 02:07 PM)TaLp34 Wrote: I joined last week and I am not very good at posting on forums.  Just to give a little back ground.  I am a retired Architect.  I am still really busy.  I am a Master Gardener in Jacksonville, FL and I have a big Aquaponic and regular garden.  I have a website which really needs work where we have 12 books we wrote on building an Aquaponic system for sale.  I also am an avid Painter with a Plein Aire Group where I paint in Watercolor. and Acrylic. I have 2 sons who mine.  They some how felt I just wasn't busy enough so.  They convinced me to take the plunge August of 2017.  I mined with Slushpool until late July.  I didn't like that they never once answered any of my questions also when I started there where 26,000 miners in the pool and now they have 250,000.  Talk about feeling like a number.  I mentioned this to my boys and the youngest one who is 44 and has been mining since 2014 helped my look through the boards and we found Kano Pool.  So far I really like that they have a Chat room where everyone is very helpful with any questions I have.  My boy live far from me so they are not around to help me all the time with my mining.

Great to have you connected in TaLp34!!!  It sounds like you have a very full life and are very creative!  I give you kudos for retiring!  I am close and it worries me to not be busy all the time.  Based on what you describe, it sounds like you are pretty busy though!  I too started at Slush about the same time, and within 2 months I found and switched to Kano.  I like that there is the ability to do really well some months even though the slower months are not as fun.  All the cool display things that slush had plus the differences between all the sites is a big part of why I created minergain.  I should probably be spending more time on it, but I have so many paying jobs that make it hard to keep up with it.  Oh well, a little bit here and there does make a difference over time right!  Anyway, welcome and thanks for your very well done post!
Sorry it took so long to get back, thanks for this site a lot of good info.  I read everything I can to try to understand all this technology.