Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Considating lots of mining rewards
The longer you mine, the more rewards you will get.  When you transfer your currency, you need to pay a transaction fee to "grease" the process.  The higher the fee you pay per byte, the quicker miners will add your transaction into the next mining block.  If you have lots of small transactions, this can become a bit of a cost.  For that reason, it is best to consolidate your small transaction into a bigger one by transferring everything from your mining address into another address once a month or so.  In the case of bitcoin, these fees are pretty high.  You can monitor the mempool from https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size and do you best to pick a low time to transfer your money.  For bitcoin, you will see the lowest fees when it is under 10 million bytes.  Remember that you may need to specify a lower fee manually.

The minergain site is also monitoring this information and can send you a text or email when it hits the threshold you specify.  We will also be adding a red, yellow, green stoplight to our home page by November 14, 2017 so that you can check https://www.minergain.com to see that information too.

If your transfer stays there more than 24 hours, you can change the amount "grease" by changing it at https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/.
Mike is the president of StrandVision Digital Signage.  He started BitCoin mining in 2017 and soon invested in other crypto-currencies.  Seeing the need, this site was created as a crypto knowledge repository and miner performance tracker.
Also if you are using the JAXX wallet, make sure that you set the BTC Mining Fee to slow.  It is probably better to use a different wallet that lets you enter how much you wish to spend on fees because when you are consolidating, it does not matter if / when it gets sent to yourself, just that it eventually does get through to consolidate the transactions.
Mike is the president of StrandVision Digital Signage.  He started BitCoin mining in 2017 and soon invested in other crypto-currencies.  Seeing the need, this site was created as a crypto knowledge repository and miner performance tracker.
Quote:
Quote:You can also consolidate all your small transactions by doing a low payment amount.  I had about 30 transactions that I sent to myself (consolidated into one) on 11/9 with a very small miner fee and it eventually got included in a block 10 days later.  I thought it would never get picked up and drop off with all the bitcoin activity but it did go through finally.  Guess you never know.  Having it consolidated saves you fees when you "need" to move it faster than 10 days...
Please do explain how i can do this
First off, be aware that you wont be able to use these funds while waiting (potentially a couple weeks) - so keep that in mind before doing this.  I use bitcoin-qt as my wallet and that has the ability to select each transaction to send.  If you go that way, you can just select all the little chunks and leave the bigger ones alone.  If not, then the easiest way to do this is to send the full amount you have in your wallet to your current receiving address.  I also have a jaxx wallet which it is critical that you set the lowest mining fees in the setup area before you start or it automatically sets you to the going rate which will not help you at all.  In any case, make sure to you are not paying more than a few dollars in mining fees to do this.  You can always do this later on when bitcoin is not so crazy.  Once you submit it, the waiting game starts.  If it makes it through the process, you will have one transaction left rather than a bunch of little ones.  If nobody picks it up in a couple weeks due to the low mining fee, it all comes back to you as if you never did the transaction.